Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Movies of Life

The true value of film is understood only after some time after view. First you can just realise did you like it or not. Than some films will be forgotten, but some - not. And you return again and again to this films. No, you may not to re-view them, but you think about events, personalities, surrounding, ideas and so one. You compare situations from reality with film's ideas. And see new values and meannings.
For me there two movie of this kind.
Lang's 'Metropolis' and 'Sileni' ('The Lunacy') by Jan Švankmajer.
Why so?
First. 'Cause I see Metropolis in each of big corporation, where each and every are just details synchronized and tied to achieve common goal. I see Metropolis in big plants (remember that 'Moloch'-machine). Revolutions - they remind me Metropolis' rebellion in all it's 'glory'. And that remarcable types of humans - high society, workers-without-thoughts, great-architector, lady-liberty or messiah as icon for oppressed. All this system is Metropolis. Movie was shot in 1927.
Second is about Lunacy. What are you think about piece of meat strolling the day, night and everywhere? It's disgusting someway. I not about that. This meat are likepeople. They are free to go everywhere 'till they are caught and packed, and laid on supermarket shelf of not ordinary but sanity life. Fromthat time you will never be in 'mudy', you became always clean and fresh...meat.
What is more crazy? 'Patients' or 'doctors'. You now, some times I see that marquis and others Lunatics around me. And I apressiate them more than that kind of doctor. May be 'cause I'm one of that lunatics. And it's not funny to see Doctor's method of healing in life.
And one else. Tilo Wolff from 'Lacrimoza' reminds me Marquis. Realy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment